- People who experience any stress, illnesses, traumatic incidents may seek creative therapy.
- Individuals who desire to further their personal development may also seek creative therapy.
- With creative therapy, individuals benefit from increased self awareness and enhanced ability to deal with their personal issues.
- Individuals do not have be talented in any form of arts to benefit from creative therapy.
- Individuals may seek private one-to-one sessions or in group environment.
- Generally effective with children from ages 3 – 12 years old, play therapy is a means for the clients to express their inner self and feelings through a natural and self-healing process.
- When clients are playing with toys (figurines, puppets etc.), the therapist will observe and accompany the child accordingly.
- When there is a good interpersonal relationship between the child and the therapist, the powers of play become very effective for resolving inner conflicts.
- Parents commitment and cooperation is very important in ensuring the success of the therapy.