Counselling & Psychotherapy
- It seeks to resolve such issues through an experiential relationship building and active dialogue between the psychologist and the client.
- There are various theoretical models and approaches that the therapist may draw from for knowledge to understand the dynamics of client issues.
- Usually the approach that is most suitable to the client’s need will be used or an integrated approach, drawing from various styles may bring about greater awareness for the client.
- The therapist is not in any way required to give advice or solutions to the client’s problems as we believe that the answers lie hidden and dormant within the individual. The therapist’s role is to facilitate the process that will assist the client to come to this awareness and understanding.
- Individual sessions may take from 1-2 hours per session.